Are you having issue with Realtek audio on your PC running on Windows 11? In this guide, I will help you troubleshoot it.
Having trouble with audio on PC can be very teasing as the need for proper audio is a necessity of almost every user. So, if the audio issue has become a hurdle in your tasks, this article will help you get rid of this issue.
The first thing that you need to do is to check the connection of the output device connected to Realtek card, whether it be speakers or headphones. Disconnect the device and reconnect it to make sure that there aren’t any connection problems. Also, try changing the ports and check the volume of the device as well.
Related Windows 11Guides:
Fix # 01: Use Audio Troubleshooter
Windows has a built-in troubleshooter for such issues. It is a pretty user-friendly tool that may help in resolving the issue.
- Right-click the Start icon at the taskbar and click on ‘Settings’.
- In the ‘System’ tab, look for ‘Troubleshoot’ option.
- Then click on ‘Other troubleshooters’ and then click the ‘Run’ button next to ‘Playing Audio’ option.
- Select the audio device that you want to fix and click on ‘Next’.
- Wait for the process to complete.
Fix # 02: Audio Output
Sometimes the audio device that you are willing to use with Realtek card, might not have been selected as the device for audio output by the operating system, which leads to this issue.
Follows the steps below to ensure that your desired device is acting as a default output device:
- Click on the Audio icon at the taskbar. A list of audio devices will show up.
- Select the one that you want as the audio output device.
- Alternatively, you may double click on Realtek HD Audio Manager icon in the taskbar to access this menu.
To set this audio device as the default audio device, you have to do this:
- Open Search menu and type ‘Change system sounds’.
- Under the ‘Playback’ section, select the desired device and then click on ‘Set Default’ option at the bottom of this tab.
If the issue still persists, try changing the audio output device.
Fix # 03: Update Drivers
Sometimes, the issue is caused due to the drivers being outdated. However, it is very easy to update your audio device drivers. Simply follow the steps given below:
- Right-click the Start button at the taskbar and go to ‘Device Manager’.
- Locate ‘Sound, video and game controllers’ in the Device Manager and expand it.
- Right-click your audio device and then click on ‘Update driver’ option.
- Then click on ‘Search automatically for drivers’ option.
- You can also use your web browser to search for the latest drivers of your audio device using its model. Make sure that you download the drivers from the manufacturer’s site.
In case you are unable to update the drivers using above method, you may manually download Realtek HD Drivers for Windows 11 and then install it.
Hopefully, you will be able to have your sound working after troubleshooting Realtek audio drivers in Windows 11.