Want to uninstall particular app on your Windows 11 PC? This guide shares 5 methods on how to do so!
It is necessary to keep track of un-used apps on Windows 11 and uninstall them over time as this practice will ensure that your computer is always fast, responsive and error free.
Apart from user installed apps, Windows 11 also comes with pre-installed applications which are not always in accordance with the users’ interests and they are better to be removed.
There are several ways to uninstall applications and I will guide you through the process of uninstalling applications.
Related Windows 11 Guides:
- Methods to Disable Startup Programs in Windows 11
- How to Remove Microsoft Account from Windows 11
- How to Find IP Address in Windows 11
Method # 01: Uninstalling Applications from Start and Search
The simplest way to uninstall applications is from the Start menu. Simply,
- Click the Start button and right click on the application. Then select Uninstall from the menu.
- If you do not see the application in the list, click on the All apps button in the top right corner of the Start menu.
- Here you will see all the installed applications listed alphabetically. To make things easier, click the # at the top or any of the uppercase bold alphabets to display a set of alphabets and then select the initial of the application.
- Once you find the application, right click on it and select Uninstall. Click Uninstall again in the prompt.
You can also uninstall applications by:
- Clicking the search button on the taskbar and typing in the name of the application.
- Then right click on the application and select Uninstall or simply select Uninstall from the right panel.
Method # 02: Uninstall Applications from Control Panel
- Press the Windows Key + R and enter appwiz.cpl in the run dialog box. This will open the Program and Features section of the Control Panel where all the applications installed on the system are listed.
- Right click on the application and select Uninstall. Go through the uninstallation process to remove the application from your computer.
Method # 03: Uninstall Applications from Windows Settings
- Right click on Start and select Settings from the menu.
- Click Apps in the left side and then select Apps & features in the right panel.
- Find the application you want to uninstall and click the three vertical dots next to the application.
- Select Uninstall from the menu and then click Uninstall again when prompted
Method # 04: Uninstalling Applications with Windows PowerShell
It is not recommended to uninstall pre-built applications because sometimes this may result in damage to the Windows. However, if you want to uninstall pre-built applications, you can use Windows PowerShell.
Step 1: Open Start and search for Windows PowerShell.
Step 2: Right click on PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
Step 3: Type in get-appxpackage in Windows PowerShell and press Enter. This will display a list of all the OEM apps and Windows apps.
Step 4: Look for the application you want to uninstall and note down the PackageFullName of the application. You can also use the find feature by right clicking on the top of the window and navigating to Edit > Find.
Step 5: Once you note down the full package name of the application, type in Remove-Appxpackage FullPackageName. Replace the FullPackageName with the package name you noted down earlier, and press Enter. If everything goes well, the application will be uninstalled from your system.
If you encounter any problems during the process, check if you are entering the commands properly, try to enter everything in lower case and try uninstalling the application in Safe mode.
Method # 05: Uninstalling Applications from Command Prompt
- Open Start menu and search for Command Prompt. Right click on it and click Run as administrator.
- Type in wmic in command prompt and press Enter. Then type in product get name and press Enter to display all installed applications.
- Locate the application you want to uninstall and note down its full name.
- Now, type in product where name=“AppName” call uninstall/nointeractive and replace AppName with the full name of the application you noted down earlier. Also do not remove the quotations.
- Press Enter and once the program is uninstalled, you will get confirmation.
Let me know which method you opted for to uninstall un-necessary application on your Windows 11 computer.