In this guide, you will find 3 easy to follow methods to grant user account Administrator rights in Windows 11.
Why Need of Administrative Privileges in Windows 11?
There are a lot of apps that require administrative privileges on Windows 11. For this purpose, you need to have administrator access.
Related Guide: How to Find IP Address in Windows 11
The user accounts are either standard accounts or administrator accounts.
Related Guide: Disable Snap Layouts in Windows 11
In order to change a standard account into an administrator account in Windows 11, you need to follow one of the methods we have explained in details below:
Method # 1: Using Control Panel
The control panel also allows you the ability to change the account type of user accounts. Here’s how:
- Open Control Panel via the Search bar of Windows.
- Click on ‘Change account type’, under the ‘User Accounts’ option.
- Click on the desired account, then click on ‘Change the account type’ option.
- Select the ‘Administrator’ and click on ‘Change Account Type’ at the bottom of this window.
- Restart your PC.
Method # 2: Using User Accounts
User accounts is a built-in utility for performing such tasks. In order to make use of it, follow these steps:
- Press Windows Key + R at the same time to open Windows Run.
- Type ‘netplwiz’ in Windows Run window.
- Select the ‘Users’ tab and then select the user that you want to change and then click on ‘Properties’ button at the bottom.
- Select the ‘Group Membership’ tab and select ‘Administrator’ from there.
- Save the changes. Now the Users tab will list this account as an administrator account.
Method # 3: Using Windows Settings
- Right-click the Start button and click on ‘Settings’. You can also press Windows + I at the same time to bring up Windows Settings window.
- Go to ‘Accounts’ section, then select ‘Family & other users’ option.
- You will see the accounts listed below the ‘Other users’ heading.
- Click on the account that you want to change to an administrator account.
- Then click on ‘Change account type’ option and then change the account type from ‘standard user’ to ‘Administrator’.
- This will change the account into an administrator account.
You can use the similar steps to change the administrator account into a standard account.